Palamedes PR was appointed by South African apartheid historian Jan Cronje in March 2018 to promote his non-fiction book, Apartheid: The Blame – Past and Present. We were tasked with securing national newspaper coverage, a book review, thought-leader article and radio interviews.
The Consultancy devised the following editorial tactics to secure media exposure:
- We developed a national news story about Jan Cronje’s fears that South Africa was entering a new era of ‘reverse apartheid’ targeting the white population
- We used this news story as the basis of a pitch to the news desks of UK BBC regional radio stations, and commercial radio stations
- We utilised the client’s insight about the situation in South Africa to develop a compelling thought-leader article
- We called upon our contacts to secure a guaranteed book review
The Apartheid: The Blame – Past and Present campaign secured the following exposure:
- An exclusive national news placement in the Daily Mirror
- Seven radio interviews including BBC Radio Scotland, BBC Radio Merseyside and Metro Radio
- A thought-leader placement on topical and world news website The London Economic
- A book review on popular lifestyle website Stories.SWNS.com
Each of the editorial products we created achieved 100% coverage with a combined reach of more than 104 million. (This figure is based on the combined unique monthly visitor figures of websites and weekly listener figures).