I’ve been tasked with the (rather unenviable) job of producing an overview of the Palamedes™ year to date. Reducing 12 months’ worth of campaigns, media coverage and agency achievements into a short and succinct blog hasn’t been easy – there was simply too much information to include. That’s why I’ve created the “Top 20 Highlights of 2012”.
Top 20 Highlights of 2012
20. Palamedes™ devises and orchestrates the UK’s first ebook festival.
19. Palamedes™ secures almost 700 unique pieces of media coverage for its clients. This includes TV interviews, national newspaper exposure, and radio broadcasts.
18. The agency’s website and associated literature, including brochures, are successfully rebranded. The decision to do so receives praise from new and existing clients. A job well done (but by no means finished – we still have to add some 3,000 press cuttings to the site…)
17. Major events supported or represented by Palamedes™ include GUBA, The World Curry Festival and CCF Media’s Mid-Bash Party.
16. The agency assists in The Web Psychologist, Nathalie Nahai’s book launch of Webs of Influence. As a result, the respected author and web expert is interviewed by major media outlets including The Guardian and BBC Online.
15. Palamedes™ continues its support of good causes, giving its time for free to disability charity WECIL (The West of England Centre for Inclusive Living) and Kaleidoscope, the volunteer-run classic TV organisation.
14. The agency is delighted to help novelty footwear company Monster Slippers take bronze in the prestigious TRANSFORM Awards — Europe’s only celebration of company rebranding — thanks a campaign that delivered a whopping 27,000 per cent increase in web traffic.
13. After being based in the heart of Bristol for the past few years, Palamedes™ moves its office to Mayfair in London.
12. The Welsh Secretary of State, Mrs Cheryl Gillan MP, makes a landmark visit to the £50million Severn Quay development in Chepstow, Monmouthshire. Other guests included local MPs, and county councillors. Mrs Gillan made the visit on behalf of the Prime Minister, David Cameron.
11. The agency welcomes Carl Frascina as its new Associate Director. Carl has more than a decade’s experience in the marcomms industries, and has worked alongside Palamedes™ since 2010. His decision to join the company was, in his words, an easy one “given its reputation and forward-thinking approach to communications”.
10. The agency supports Samaritans workplace fund-raising event Feel Good Friday, with yours truly doing a street performance of the the nation’s favourite feel-good tunes.
9. Palamedes™ wins several accounts including Pearson, the international publisher and owner of the Financial Times; HIS Hair, the cosmetics company; St Petersburg Tourism Office; Saffire Handmade Chocolates; Jasmine Birtles, the financial commentator and founder of MoneyMagpie.com; Lovarni and Carolyn de la Drapier, the online fashion retailers; Handsworth Schools; Total e-Bound, the independent publisher; the authors Julian Ruck, Steven Colborne, Cathy Glass, Neil Blower and Paul Knott; and the companies Microvar and PPX.
8. Celebrity chef and long-standing Palamedes™ client Gurpareet Bains is delighted to see his latest cookbook, Indian Superspices, achieve fantastic media coverage and become an Amazon #1 bestseller.
7. In the 100th anniversary year of the ill-fated Terra Nova expedition, Palamedes™ generates strong local and national media exposure for Polar historian Isobel Williams with her new book Captain Scott’s Invaluable Assistant: Edgar Evans.
6. Palamedes™ begins representing Britain’s Got Talent star and rising comedian, Gatis Kandis.
5. The agency launches the digital magazine e-XPOSURE. Issue One will be available on the website, and to our 30,000 subscribers, on January 4 2013. The publication will include all agency news, together with comment and editorial about the month’s biggest or most important communications stories. Palamedes™ clients receive free exposure within e-XPOSURE.
4. The agency enters this year’s Golden Hedgehog Awards for the second year running. Despite the success of a dozen or more campaigns, we decide to enter the Best Consumer Campaign category for our work in the property sector. We’re a small consultancy, so a nomination for a second time would be an exceptional start to 2013.
3. Palamedes™ receives the news that Wynndel Property Management has been awarded the coveted Silver prize at this year’s What House Awards for The Sessile, an eco-friendly home on its Naturally Woodlands development.
2. The UK’s “real-life Willy Wonka”, Angus Kennedy — one of our longest-standing clients — hosts the world’s largest gathering of confectioners. The event in central London was a huge success and attracted representatives from Fazer, Thorntons and other leading manufacturers. We are already planning next year’s event, which promises to be even bigger.
1. The agency is victorious at the Fresh PR Awards, scooping a coveted bronze in the Best Consumer PR Campaign category (for clients Forget Dinner and The Ugly Bug Ball).