Palamedes PR was appointed by The Dyslexia Code author and dyslexia campaigner Karl de Leeuw in March 2019 to promote his vision for the International Celebration of Dyslexia (ICD) – the world’s first event to promote dyslexia as a gift. We were tasked with securing nationwide exposure, an exclusive thought-leader article, radio interviews, and with creating a responsive new website about the ICD.
The Consultancy delivered the following services to support the Client’s aims:
- We prepared and distributed an in-depth feature about the proposed ICD event
- We secured an exclusive thought-leader opportunity with a leading lifestyle title and wrote the copy with the Client’s input
- We developed a newsworthy radio pitch and distributed it to BBC and commercial station newsdesks across the UK
- We designed a bespoke website for the ICD event with custom URL and logo
The Karl de Leeuw campaign secured the following exposure:
- An exclusive thought-leader article with lifestyle website Female First
- A syndicated feature on over 100 regional news websites including The Scotsman and Yorkshire Post
- Radio interviews with BBC Radio Somerset and RNIB Connect
- A new website – www.ICD.World
Each of the editorial products we created achieved 100% coverage with a combined reach of approximately 37 million. (This figure is based on the unique monthly visitor figures of websites and weekly listener figures of radio stations).