Palamedes PR was appointed by appointed by historian Dr Linda Parker in April 2018 to promote her non-fiction book, A Seeker After Truths – a biography of Geoffrey Studdert Kennedy, aka Woodbine Willie. We were tasked with securing national newspaper coverage, thought-leader articles and radio interviews.
The Consultancy devised the following editorial tactics to secure media exposure:
- We developed a national news story about how many cigarettes Woodbine Willie may have given out to troops during the First World War
- We used this news story as the basis of a pitch to the news desks of UK BBC regional radio stations, and commercial radio stations
- We utilised Dr Parker’s insights into the life and significance of Woodbine Willie to develop two compelling thought-leader article pitches
The A Seeker After Truths campaign secured the following exposure:
- National news placements in the Mail Online, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, MSN UK and Metro
- Complimentary regional newspaper coverage in the Rugby Observer, Rugby Advertiser and the Leamington Observer
- Nine radio interviews including BBC Radio Ulster, BBC Radio Nottingham, BBC Radio Merseyside and Metro Radio
- Two thought-leader placements on topical and world news website The London Economic and Christian Today
Each of the editorial products we created achieved 100% coverage with a combined reach of more than 363million. (This figure is based on the combined unique monthly visitor figures of websites and weekly listener figures).