Palamedes PR was appointed by author Rex Wood in July 2017 to promote his dating guide and sex autobiography, Sexcellence. Our brief was to secure national news coverage, thought-leader articles and book reviews.
We also orchestrated a photo shoot for the author, in silhouette as he wished to remain anonymous, to enable us to distribute suitable imagery with our editorial.
The Consultancy devised the following editorial tactics to secure media exposure:
- We devised a national news story about the UK’s latest dating trend
- We used the Client’s insights as a dating expert to develop a range of thought-leader articles
- We drew upon the Client’s experience and insight to develop a guest editorial detailing his top sex tips
- We called upon a range of our contacts to secure a guaranteed book review for this self-published title
The Sexcellence campaign secured the following exposure:
- National news placements on the Daily Mirror and The Sun websites
- Thought-leader placement on The National Student website
- Thought-leader placement on the Daily Star website
- Thought-leader placements on Female First and The London Economic
- Book reviews on SWNS.com
Each of the editorial products we created achieved 100% coverage with a combined reach of more than 135 million.